Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Fandom

The fandom I most relate to is my love for mysteries and the ultimate detective Sherlock Holmes and his partner Watson. Holmes has been portrayed numerous times on Television and movies but it is the two recent television version that has sparked the intense fandom interest in the character and the arguments between fans on which version is better the BBC version Sherlock starring Benedict Cumberbatch or the CBS version  starring Johnny Lee Miller and Lucy Liu. While many fans enjoy the BBC version I love the American version more because the increased allow a better exploration of Holmes character and allows us to learn and see much more about his arch enemy Moriarty. The chase of the Moriarty character is very intense in Elementary and brings continual excitement not seen in the BBC version Sherlock.

Other shows I have had interest in have included Eureka and Warehouse 13 on the Sci Fy channel and Orphan Black on BBC America. All these shows have strong characters and interesting mysteries that have intrigued me from the start and led me to being a big fan. 

No comments:

Post a Comment