Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Oz Writing Assignment


     
      Dorothy as always was eager to explore the land of Oz. She had visited the Emerald
City last time she was here in Oz and met the Scarecrow, Tin Man and Cowardly Lion
as well as fought the Wicked Witch. This time she wanted to visit the lands to the
North she had not seen yet so using the map that was given to her by a mysterious Traveler whose name she never learned she headed Toward the Land of the Gillikens along with the map a picnic basket and her faithful companion Toto.
    “I hope I am going to meet some fun and interesting people like I did last time Toto”. “We had so much fun even if it was a little scary meeting that Wicked Witch. In response Toto barked twice and licked Dorothy’s hand. Wandering along a wooden path Dorothy noticed that everything was now purple. The trees were tall and thin with purple leaves and dark purple flowers. Some of the plants at her feet had small fruit that resembled grapes and some had none at all. The sky was a lighter lavender color with fluffy clouds that resembled cotton candy. These were all sure signs she had arrived in Gilliken Country as the traveler who gave her the map had told her all things Gilliken were purple. He didn’t know why they just were. 
         Looking off in the distance Dorothy saw several figures standing around and headed in that direction to introduce herself and Toto and hopefully make some new friends. “Wouldn’t that be wonderful, Toto? When she drew near Dorothy called out “Hi, I’m Dorothy from Kansas and this is Toto” pointing to her dog. A young boy of about thirteen responded to her. ”Thee Dorothy? Who traveled to The Emerald City with the Scarecrow and the Tin Man and who fought the wicked witch?”
‘‘You’re famous” said the boy who then introduced himself.     
     “Hi, my name is Tippetarius but everyone calls me Tip as my whole name is way too
long to remember”. Tip then pointed to one of his companions, a wooden figure with a pumpkin for his head who said “Hi, my name is Jack Pumpkinhead Tip created me and brought me to life using a witch’s powder” and this is Bunny she is in a wheelchair due to
a hunting accident”.
      “Nice to meet ya” exclaimed Bunny. “I’m a travel guide so if you need any help finding anything or anyone I’m the one to talk to as long as you don’t want to go to Munchkin country they keep trying to catch me and turn me into rabbit stew”.
      “Oh my that’s awful” exclaimed Dorothy “I certainly won’t ask you to go there”.
The fourth person there then rushed up to Dorothy and reached up to shake hands.
Dorothy looked down and realized he was only about three feet tall but very muscular and tough looking. “I am TINY STRONGFELLOW AND I AM THE STRONGEST MAN IN THE LAND OF OZ” exclaimed the Three Foot tall man loudly “If you ever need anything lifted or carried I’m the man for you”
   “Well if I do you’re the man I’ll call on Tiny but I didn’t bring anything to carry with
me except this map and a picnic basket for lunch”. “Hmm I am kind of hungry” grumbled Tip. “Maybe we can eat lunch while you are trying to decide where to go next.
   So Dorothy placed all the food on a blanket she had brought with her. Bunny was happy because of the lettuce and carrots Dorothy brought and everyone ate until they were full. They decided to explore as a group the nearby mountains where none of them had been before. “As long as we stay away from the Tower of the Dark Wizard we should be ok”
Tip tells the group.

No comments:

Post a Comment